What I Need From My Clients Before We Work TogetherMar 15, 2021
- Make your deposit —$1000 reserves your spot on my calendar. This helps me book projects farther in advance AND allows me to focus on one client at a time (spin that so it’s positive...you get my undivided attention…) Your deposit goes to the total of your project cost.
- Clear your calendar—Ok it doesn’t have to be “clear” but I want you to be aware of times you may be less available (family vacations, holidays, birthdays, etc). There’s nothing worse than having to put a project on hold because I didn’t know you were going to the beach for a week. Also, I understand things come up. You get sick, I get sick, there are unexpected family events or emergencies...that’s totally fine. I just want you to be aware that I’m making my time available to you and I want your time available to me as well.
- Find inspiration—this is CRUCIAL, and it’s something I think you should do over the course of a few weeks, not just a couple of days. When we work together I’ll create a Pinterest board for you to find and save inspiration. I want you to save anything and everything to this board. You don’t need to worry about the ideas conflicting with one another, your job is just to tell me what you like and what you’re inspired by and I’ll do everything else. Also mention that for website design, it’s important to collect websites you like, even if they’re not in your industry or whatever.
- Fill out your brand questionnaire—this helps me know what’s most important to do for your branding, obviously we want it to look good, but we also want to figure out how to connect with your customers and increase engagement, etc.
- Sign your contract—the contract outlines exactly what we’ll do and when. Don't be afraid of the contract! I’ll walk you through the whole thing, it should help you be confident in knowing what you’ll get.
- Pay your invoice—Depending on your project, you’ll have anywhere from 2-6 monthly payments, these are set to auto withdrawal which makes it easy for you because you don’t have to remember to do anything. :)
- Announce your new brand/website on social media—tell people what’s coming and what they can expect. I always appreciate a tag as well. :)
- Get excited!