Why I'm Getting Back Into Blogging
Hi. It’s me again.
I’ve been taking a blogging break. Actually, let’s call it a blogging sabbatical. (I think I always planned on coming back.)
When I started “blogging” in 2014, I did it as a way to showcase my design skills and demonstrate my industry knowledge. I thought it gave me more credibility when I met with recruiters in college. Maybe it did. But I quickly got bored. There are sooooo many design bloggers out there with tips on DIY logo design and squarespace hacks and I just didn’t feel like I had much to offer in the way of entrepreneurial design/freelance work. But I HAVE been feeling the desire to blog again. I work full-time so I won’t have a consistent writing schedule, but I just really enjoy coming up with ideas and crafting a blog post and designing images to go along with it. I’m not as interested in sharing my thoughts regarding design, although I’m sure that will come up from time to time.
From now on, my blog posts will fall under the creative/lifestyle category. I won’t share anything REALLY personal because I want to protect my privacy and the privacy of my family, but I’ll share things that I care about and (hopefully) give you a glimpse into my life.
Some of the things I want to tell you about:
- My incredible job at The Younique Foundation
- Decorating my apartment
- My goals and what I’m doing to reach them
- How I’m finding my creative style/voice
- Getting back into exercising after sitting on my butt for literally 5 years
- My hair journey (get excited for this)
- Trying to live a more inspired life physically, mentally, spiritually, etc.
- Tackling my email inbox
- Setting boundaries on social media
- Learning to watercolor and feeling like a real artist!
- My curated Instagram account
- Waking up early and taking responsibility for my life
- Trying to do less boring stuff and do more fun stuff in 2017
Just writing out that list made me so excited! I’ve been learning so many new things and finding my voice and I can’t wait to share it with you!
Thanks for reading,